Root Canal Treatment
Root Canal Treatment or therapy is a treatment done to save the tooth from infected pulp, by eliminating the infection we can protect the remaining healthy tooth from infection.
The treatment is a simple procedure, ie to remove the infected pulp, clean and disinfect the root then fill the space, lastly, they place a cap over the tooth.
It is a procedure done to save your natural tooth, Nowadays this procedure is done in an excellent manner that no infection may arise ever again. People need not afraid of the procedure, it is painless.
Root Canal Do’s & Don’t
- Do take medicine before the root canal therapy,
- Do expect a little discomfort for 2-3 days after the treatment. Apply ice to relieve swelling,
- Don’t skip medicine even if you don’t feel pain, continue taking the medicine as prescribed,
- Do brush your teeth as usual,
- Don’t take spicy food or hard food immediately after the root canal treatment,
- Don’t smoke or drink shortly after the therapy,
- Do follow-up appointments made by the Endodontist,
- Don’t delay in placing the CAP over the tooth.